It was back in 1998 when Lise Cormier first thought of launching the world’s first international mosaiculture competition. At the time, this horticultural art was chiefly the domain of the municipal department in charge of green space. The exhibition Mosaïcultures Internationales Montréal 2000 (MIM2000) thus had a two-fold aim: point up the new millennium in an innovative, spectacular fashion; and create a platform for international exchange about the topic.
Since then, Mosaïcultures Internationales de Montréal (MIM) has instigated five international competitions and six major exhibitions. The many awards and distinctions garnered by the organization over the years attest to the resounding success of each event.
PARTNERSHIPS, TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER, CREATIVE SYNERGY
Mosaïcultures Internationales de Montréal draws on a team of landscape architects, engineers, horticultural mosaic artists and sculptor-welders, all of whom are dedicated to pushing the bounds of the practice through research and development. They have refined their techniques, adapting them to existing urban realities to raise their craft to the level of high art. The result mixes beauty, feelings, textures and volumes with plants and flowers to create the unique and magnificent living works known as mosaiculture.
PLANNING, CREATING AND DESIGN
- Planning and designing events that showcase the garden arts (landscape architecture, horticulture and mosaiculture)
- Creating temporary and permanent mosaiculture gardens
- Designing mosaiculture collections
- Designing exclusive sculptural works
- Turnkey projects – event coordination and production
- Mosaiculture garden design
- Full production of mosaiculture works
- Manufacturing structures to support mosaiculture works
- Mosaiculture sales and rentals